As a growing tech hub, housing some of the most important entry points in America, and a booming agriculture industry, trade is incredibly important to South Florida. I support establishing new partnerships around the world to expand markets for our producers, as long as our trade agreements are both free and fair, protecting American producers from unfair trade practices.
We also cannot allow adversaries like China to manipulate our trade agreements to undercut American firms. I support taking bold measures to address anti-competitive behaviors in global trade. We must give establish an equal playing field in the global market for U.S. manufacturers, farmers, and workers.
Congressman Gimenez voted yes on the following:
S.3580 - Ocean Shipping Reform Act
H.R.6270 - Advanced Aviation Infrastructure Modernization Act
H.R.4476 - DHS Trade and Economic Security Council Act
H.R.7108 - Suspending Normal Trade Relations with Russia and Belarus Act
- H.R.8351 - Formula Act, though December 31, 2022, duty-free treatment to infant formula
- H.R.1168- Reaffirming the economic partnership between the United States and the Caribbean nations and recognizing the need to strengthen trade and investment between the United States and the Caribbean nations, our Third Border.
- H.R.6968 - Ending Importation of Russian Oil Act
- H.R.6256 - To ensure that goods made with forced labor in the Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region of the People's Republic of China do not enter the United States market, and for other purposes.
- H.R.5497 - BURMA Act of 2022, imposes sanctions pertaining ot Burma (Myanmar) and addresses related issues.
- H.R.1155 - Uyghur Forced Labor Prevention Act
More on Trade
|7/6/21||Gimenez Introduces ‘Curbing China’s Vaccine Diplomacy Act’|